maandag 28 mei 2012

Breathless - Scott Pressing

BreathlessSerie: The Blue Fire Sage #1
Release date: 2011


College freshman Leesa Nyland has been fascinated by vampires since she was three years old. That’s when her mom started acting weird, refusing to go outside during the day and insisting the sunlight hurt her skin because she had been bitten by a one-fanged vampire…

But fascinated doesn’t mean Leesa believes—any more than she believes in blue fire, people who live for centuries, and kisses that can kill. When her beloved older brother suddenly disappears, she is forced to confront all these and more.


I didn't have anything to read but this one, so I decided to give it a try. I loved it! I always like vampire books and I'm a sucker for romance, and well this book has it all. The whole one fanged vampire angle was really great! The whole mystery about the one fanged vampire and the mother of Leesa was killing me. The book is about Leesa, I liked her immidiately! She's kind of naive and shy but I liked that about her. She's not your average heroine, so that makes this book also stand out. She meets Rave, he's ofcourse the mystery boy ( do I have to say he's hot). He has this whole history about his family and him. Ofcourse there is a struggle for Rave and Leesa to be together, but that's all played out nice in the book. The book is really about the dissapearing of the brother of Leesa and how she wants to find him. She get's help from Rave and from an unexpected corner. I liked the twists and turns in the books, the characters are just right and have issues, like normal people. The world created in the book was new and that made is difficult to put the book down. The end was really good, I did not expect it to happen the way it happened. The end was also kind of sad. I recommend this one for everyone who liked a good and original vampire story.

Geen opmerkingen: