donderdag 31 mei 2012

The Selection - Kiera Cass


The Selection Serie: The Selection #1
Release date: 2012 

For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in the palace and compete for the heart of the gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself- and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.

Gosh I don’t even know where to begin with this one. I finished the book in the middle of last night and I really loved it. I obviously am in love with the cover, who isn’t?! That dress is beautifull and the mirrors are doing a great job reflecting it. Somehow I just kept putting the book aside, didn’t felt like I would love this book, god was I wrong. So I didn’t expect much and maybe that’s just the right way to start a book, because then you get surprised so much more. You meet America Singer (okay the name could have been better) and her story just gets a grip on you, you can’t seem to let her go. She’s very nice and you feel her emotions. It’s easy to relate to her, you just want her to be happy. I found her forbidden romance with Aspen (again could have done a better job with the name picking) heartbreaking and intriguing. I found the whole system in her world interesting and I kept wanting to know more. The whole selection process was exciting and you get to meet Maxon, he turned out to be very nice and you see America struggling with her emotions for Aspen and Maxon. The whole story was just that exciting and kept me reading. The only thing I didn’t like about the book was the end. My god what a cliffhanger! How could Kiera Cass do such a thing to us? The story is simply not finished and now I have to wait an eternity for the second book! That put aside, this really is a must read!

Geen opmerkingen: