vrijdag 15 juni 2012

Airel - Aaron Patterson & Chris White


Airel (The Airel Saga, #1)Serie: The Airel Saga #1
Release date: 2011
 
All Airel ever wanted was to be normal, to disappear into the crowd. But bloodlines can produce surprises, like an incredible ability to heal. Then there’s Michael Alexander, the new guy in school, who is impossibly gorgeous…and captivated by her. Somewhere in the back of her mind, she can hear the sound of pages turning, and another, older story being written. It is the story of an ancient family, of great warriors, of the Sword of Light, and the struggle against an evil so terrible, so far-reaching, that it threatens everything. Airel knew change would be an inevitable part of life. But can she hold on when murder and darkness begin to close in and take away everything she loves? Will she have what it takes when the truth is finally revealed?

Airel was amazing. The cover is so stunning! It was not an easy read and it took me days to finish it, not something I’m used to. It was an intriguing, beautiful written story, with a lot of mysteries! The book contains two stories, one in the present and another in a past. It kept me wondering how they finally would end up together, but it was played out nicely. It was a long book, divided in 4 parts; I found the last 2 parts the best. The beginning is kind of slow and I kept wondering where the stories where headed. The main character Airel (love the name!!) is just a regular girl, but she doesn’t think highly of herself. She’s a very likeable character; she’s real, down to earth and easy to connect with. She ends up meeting Michael and he’s all the mystery. I knew there was something about him, but really I couldn’t figure it out. I couldn’t figure out what happened with Airel either...  The other story contains a main character named Kreios, trough him you’ve come to know more about angels and Kreios’ history. This story line built the mystery up. I really like that you figure things out the same time Airel does, I hate it when something is just that predictable. I recommend this book deeply, it was a great read!

Geen opmerkingen: