vrijdag 22 juni 2012

Shadows - Jennifer Armentrout


Shadows (Lux, #0.5)Serie: Lux #0.5
Release date: 2012


The last thing Dawson Black expected was Bethany Williams. As a Luxen, an alien life form on Earth, human girls are…well, fun. But since the Luxen have to keep their true identities a secret, falling for one would be insane.

Dangerous. Tempting. Undeniable. 

Bethany can’t deny the immediate connection between her and Dawson. And even though boys aren’t a complication she wants, she can’t stay away from him. Still, whenever they lock eyes, she’s drawn in.  

Captivated. Lured. Loved.   

Dawson is keeping a secret that will change her existence...and put her life in jeopardy. But even he can’t stop risking everything for one human girl. Or from a fate that is as unavoidable as love itself.

Gosh what a heart breaking story. I read Obsidian a while ago and really can’t wait for Onyx, so I decided to read Shadows. This book gave more understanding about Daemon’s attitude and actions toward Katy in Obsidian. I kind of have to laugh about some things Daemon said in Shadows and in Obsidian he basically is repeating his brother’s actions. I just want to read Obsidian again after reading Shadows. The story of Dawson and Bethany is a tragic love story. I really like Dawson and I found it sad that he wasn’t around in Obsidian. Though I get the feeling we haven’t seen the end of both Dawson and Bethany. I really enjoyed Shadows, the parts between the two love birds where so sweet and hot. I really hope they are still alive somewhere and they pop up somewhere. I’m so in love with the characters. I would really recommend to anyone to just read this story before you read Obsidian, though you can read it also afterwards. The only bad thing about the book is, it finished way too soon! Can’t get enough he he.Ohh and look at the cover, how hot can it be!!

5 opmerkingen:

Shar zei

Hee Candace!

Thank you!
I'm going to check your blog & follow you back!

Sharissa

365_books_a_year zei

Hi, following you through GFC. Found the link to your blog on GR. My blog is at: http://365-books-a-year.blogspot.com/

I just finished Shadows- haven't written my review yet, though. I bought it right after I finished Obsidian about a week ago. I bought it without reading the summary- that's how much I liked Obsidian. So, I was a little disappointed Daemon wasn't in it more. But, it was good that the backstory of Bethany and Dawson got explained. I'm jealous of all of the people I see who got ARC's of Onyx. But, the author is supposed to be doing a book signing in August where I live. Right around the time Onyx is being released, right? I'm hoping to get a few copies of Onyx there and get them autographed. Good giveaway item, right?

Shar zei

Hello Shay!

I'm following you 2 now! Looks good, I'm looking forward reading your review of Shadows. I found it also disappointing not to read about Daemon, but the story still was good though. Yeah I'm jealous too, I hope I'm someday one of those people he he!

Linda @ (un)Conventional Bookworms zei

Your blog is beautiful. I am a new follower, found you in the Goodreads blog group :)

Shar zei

Hee Lexxie,

Thank you very much!

-Sharissa