vrijdag 6 juli 2012

Once Burned - Jeanniene Frost

Serie: Night Prince #1
Release date: 2012

She's a mortal with dark powers...

After a tragic accident scarred her body and destroyed her dreams, Leila never imagined that the worst was still to come: terrifying powers that let her channel electricity and learn a person's darkest secrets through a single touch. Leila is doomed to a life of solitude...until creatures of the night kidnap her, forcing her to reach out with a telepathic distress call to the world's most infamous vampire...


He's the Prince of Night...

Vlad Tepesh inspired the greatest vampire legend of all—but whatever you do, don't call him Dracula. Vlad's ability to control fire makes him one of the most feared vampires in existence, but his enemies have found a new weapon against him—a beautiful mortal with powers to match his own. When Vlad and Leila meet, however, passion ignites between them, threatening to consume them both. It will take everything that they are to stop an enemy intent on bringing them down in flames.


 So I picked up this book yesterday evening and I read it almost in one breath. It was everything I hoped and more, I really love the book. The book start with Leila and her life. You figure out she has powers and how hard her life is. You also figure out that she's friends with a vampire and soon is kidnapped by other vampires. She's forced to use some of her gifts and then meets Vlad. My God, Vlad! I've met him in the Night Huntress serie and I just love that he got a serie of his own. He's dark, mysterious, sexy and strong. The tension between Leila and Vlad is dead on hot, kind of like Bones and Cat, but hey I'm not complaining! Jeanniene Frost does a good job describing things in all the glorious details, didn't expect any less. I also like the humor in the book, Vlad is hilarious. I really can't wait for the next one in this serie, unfortunately we have to wait very long! Until then, please read this book! It's just awesome!

1 opmerking:

Atmika@I Talk Books! zei

Great Review!
I just wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award!(: You can learn more about it here