zondag 16 december 2012

Opal - Jennifer Armentrout

Opal (Lux, #3)
Series: Lux #3 
Release date: 2012 
Stars: 5/5

No one is like Daemon Black. 

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.


OMG, Where is the next book, Origin? I need it, like.. right now!!! I liked Opal as much, or maybe more than Onyx. It had way more romance in it and an even sweeter and hotter Daemon in it. I really appreciated all the focus on Katy and Daemon's bond. But Daemon has grown a lot over the past 3 books. Where he was just an asshole in the first one, he was much more open in Opal. He shows a lot more emotions and he's just not the Daemon anymore that makes you want to hit him. Then there's Blake, jep he's back. I just hate him, can't believe they didn't kill him just there and than. I really love Dee, I totally understand her pain over losing Adam and how she's bitchy towards Katy. It's interesting to read about her thirst for revenge and how she deals with everything throughout Opal. The plot was mostly about the group plotting something and mostly about the characters. I really am intrigued with Luc and Paris. What kills me the most about Opal is the end, what a HUGE KILLER CLIFHANGER ENDING! My god I don't know how I'm going to survivi with just my imagination till Origin comes out. Especially the vulnerable side of Daemon at the end is just heartbreaking, and yeah kinda sweet. I really don't know if I should recommend to read it right now, because you just want to hit something because of the end! But hell what a great book!