zondag 13 januari 2013

Breathe - Abbi Glines

Breathe (Sea Breeze, #1)
Serie: Sea Breeze #1
Release date: 2011
Stars 1/5

Sadie White's summer job isn't going to be on the beach life-guarding or working at rental booths like most kids her age. With her single mother's increasing pregnancy and refusal to work, Sadie has to take over her mother's job as a domestic servant for one of the wealthy summer families on a nearby island.


When the family arrives at their summer getaway, Sadie is surprised to learn that the owner of the house is Jax Stone, one of the hottest teen rockers in the world. If Sadie hadn't spent her life raising her mother and taking care of the house she might have been normal enough to be excited about working for a rock star.


Even though Sadie isn't impressed by Jax's fame, he is drawn to her. Everything about Sadie fascinates Jax but he fights his attraction. Relationships never work in his world and as badly as he wants Sadie, he believes she deserves more. By the end of the summer, Jax discovers he can't breathe without Sadie.


I just don't know what to expect with Abbi Glines books. I've read multiple books of her, some very good, some very bad. The writing styles are very different with different books. Breathe was a book I did not like. I think Abbi Glines has very good ideas, with Breathe too, but the writing style and the story just doesn't do it for me. I really am a big sucker for romance, and this book has romance, just not the right one. Let me explain. The main character Sadie is supposed to be this smart, very mature for her age girl (she's 17), yet she doesn't seem that way to me, more like 14. She doesn't see her mother is just a major fuck-up and should be hospitalized. She speaks of herself as someone with no personality, how can someone have none? And then there is Jax, I like his name! But he's a major asshole with overconfidence. And then the way he speaks, uggh! It was instant love and the I love you didn't come much later. I really can't say a positive thing about this book. Do Not Read Breathe!

1 opmerking:

Rose zei

Hi! :) I've nominated you for the leibster blog award! Please check out my link for more info! xx

http://thebooklistreviews.blogspot.com/2013/01/leibster-blog-award.html

Rose