woensdag 23 januari 2013

Fire - Kristin Cashore

Fire (Graceling Realm, #2)
Serie: Graceling Realm #2
Release date: 2009
Stars: 4/5 

It is not a peaceful time in the Dells. The young King Nash clings to his throne while rebel lords in the north and south build armies to unseat him. The mountains and forests are filled with spies and thieves and lawless men.

This is where Fire lives. With a wild, irresistible appearance and hair the color of flame, Fire is the last remaining human monster. Equally hated and adored, she had the unique ability to control minds, but she guards her power, unwilling to steal the secrets of innocent people. Especially when she has so many of her own.

Then Prince Brigan comes to bring her to King City, The royal family needs her help to uncover the plot against the king. Far away from home, Fire begins to realize there's more to her power than she ever dreamed. Her power could save the kingdom.
 

Kristin Cashore did it again, I'm already in love with her first book Graceling and now I'm also in love with Fire. The book and the character. Fire is the main character and I can say she's a favorite of mine. I really liked Fire as a heroine, she's very independent and has a strong will and character. I also enjoyed Brigan as a character, he has this whole manly charm about him. He's mysterious and hard towards himself, but he can be sweet. I'm kind of disappointed that that was so little romance in the book, only towards the end things where heating up. There's another love interest for Fire, Archer. Don't worry it's not a love triangle, it's one-sided. I really liked Archer, he seemed so carefree, just swinging his way in live. There was much grief and sorrow in the book and I couldn't help but pink a few tears away. I just really like the whole story, the action, the romance, the character development. I highly recommened both Graceling and Fire!

Geen opmerkingen: