woensdag 23 januari 2013

Seduced in the Dark - C.J. Roberts

Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2)Serie: The Dark Duet #2 
Release date: 2012 
Stars: 5/5 

The exciting, titillating, and action-filled conclusion to Captive in the Dark

What is the price of redemption?

Rescued from sexual slavery by a mysterious Pakistani officer, Caleb carries the weight of a debt that must be paid in blood.

The road has been long and fraught with uncertainty, but for Caleb and Livvie, it’s all coming to an end.

Can he surrender the woman he loves for the sake of vengeance?

Or will he make the ultimate sacrifice?


After I read Captive in the dark, the first book, I couldn't help but immidiately pick up this book. There is this dark and twisted alure to this serie and I can say with all my heart you really have to read this duet books! If you thought Captive in the Dark was good, you have no idea what's waiting for you in Seduced in the dark. It's just such an amazing story, greatly written and so many unexpected twists and turns that even up until the last few pages, you really don't have a clue how the story is going to end. This book was written very differtently than Captive in the dark, so it was kind of weird in the beginning, but you just can help but get suck right in the story and I don't think the story could have been any better if it was written differently. The story is told in 2 different timelines and alternating POV's. You just have to read the story for yourself to know what I mean. There's such great depth to the story that you don't find very often and I can say that's one of the very great books I have read. It's shocking and all consuming. Like I said in my review of Captive in the Dark, you feel something for the 'bad' guy Caleb and you just can't help but find that shocking, because he has done horrible things, yet you understand him and even grow to care for him. Then the main character Olivia, her story is just horrible and shocking, but also wonderfull. You really don't recognize her from the beginning of Captive in the Dark, she has grown a lot and is a whole different woman than the girl she was before. Then there is a new character, a FBI agent, with his own dark sexual events and I was immidiately curious towards him, I even heard he gets a story of his own. YOU just HAVE to read Captive in the Dark and then Seduced in the Dark, I highly recommened it!!!

Geen opmerkingen: