vrijdag 5 september 2014

Uninvited - Sophie Jordan


Serie:
Uninvited #1
Release year: 2014
Stars: 3/5


When Davy Hamilton's tests come back positive for Homicidal Tendency Syndrome (HTS)-aka the kill gene-she loses everything. Her boyfriend ditches her, her parents are scared of her, and she can forget about her bright future at Juilliard. Davy doesn't feel any different, but genes don't lie. One day she will kill someone.

Only Sean, a fellow HTS carrier, can relate to her new life. Davy wants to trust him; maybe he's not as dangerous as he seems. Or maybe Davy is just as deadly.



This book was a fun and quick read. I really liked the story and the characters. It wasn't really a special story or something, most of the things where kind of predictable. It didn't really matter in this book though, the story was a great read. It was a fun dystopian to read, which made it hard for me to put the book down. 

Davy is the typical rich girl with great boyfriend/friends. Then it all comes to an end because she's a HTS carrier. You read about her struggles, about her denial and I could so relate with her. Sure she's a bit naive, but aren't the characters in book usually? I was kind of sympathetic toward Davy. Everybody leaves her, nobody trusts her anymore. You read about her personal growth and how her whole world is changing. 

I didn't like every characters. I mean her boyfriend and friend where really bad people. Which stuck out most was her brother, Mitchell. He stood by her no matter what. Even her parent where against her. I think it made Mitchel a really sincere character. 

There was also a love story, but I didn't mind that much. I liked the story better, than I did the love story within. So for a fun quick read, I definitely recommend this one!

Geen opmerkingen: