woensdag 8 oktober 2014

Demons at Deadnight & Dropdead Demons - A&E Kirk


Serie: Divinicus Nex Chronicles #1
Release Year: 2012
Stars: 4/5


For seventeen-year-old Aurora Lahey, survival is a lifestyle.
DEMONIC DESTINY
Aurora has the crappiest superpower on the planet. And it's just unleashed a hit squad from hell. Demons are on the hunt, salivating to carve her carcass into confetti.

CHARISMATIC KILLERS
The Hex Boys--mysterious, hunky, and notorious for their trails of destruction--have the answers Aurora needs to survive. But their overload of deadly secrets and suspicious motives makes trusting them a potentially fatal move.

LETHAL ALLIES
The battle to save her family, herself, and stop demonic domination may cost Aurora everything worth living for, and force her to reveal her own dark secrets. But no worries. She needs the Hex Boys to pull this off, and, chances are, teaming up with these guys will get her killed anyway.


It took me a few pages to really get in the book, but man what a book! It was really funny. I would like to say first that I love that the family is included in this one. In most books of this genre the family is left clueless and you don't read much about it. In this one though they are all included. The main character, Aurora (beautiful name!!), doens't know what she is, only that demons are hunting her. I instantly liked Aurora, she is very funny. Quote:

"His fingers dug into my flesh and pulled my upper body forward. I wondered with vague panic why I wasn't pushing away from the kiss he was about to pull me into--when his torso tightened and he flung me into the air.

Hmmm. Read that one wrong."


After that there are a lot of introductions made with different characters, the hex boys yammi, and with a bit of history. I found it easier to put down the book in the beginning. But later when the book was really starting to get on with it I couldn't put the book down. It was hilarious and hottt hott hott with the yammi hex boys. Still I found that there was a lot to take in for a first book, not that it answered every question, cause I've a lot remain, but a lot of characters, a bit history, the developments etc. But the main point here, I really liked the book! I love all the developments with all the characters, the actions, the possibly romance (thank god not a love triangle, I'm kind of fed up with that), the whole story of Aurora and her 'gift' and what she may be. I really can't wait for the next one! I want to read more and more about Aurora and her hex boys, so I want to say that this book is worth your time!









Serie: Divinicus Nex Chronicles #2
Release Year: 2014
Stars: 4/5


Survival. It's an on-going battle.

GOING ON A TREASURE HUNT...

Aurora Lahey finally knows why supernatural slayers salivate to slaughter her, but how to stop them? Not so much. Sure, she's discovered her own lethal powers, and has six sexy, super-charged, demon hunting Hex Boys watching her back--the hottest one watching every part of her. But when a seductive stranger delivers a deadly ultimatum, Aurora and the Hex Boys plunge into a do-or-die hunt for a legendary Mandatum treasure, which will finally shift power in their favor. Or unleash hell on earth.

NEX MARKS THE SPOT...

Pursued by demons of mythical proportions, Aurora and the Hex Boys race deeper into the shadowy world of a centuries-old mystery and brutal conspiracy, where no one and nothing is what it seems. Where love and betrayal go hand-in-hand, and trusting the wrong person not only breaks your heart, but gets you killed.

DEMONS ON YOUR TAIL...

Uncovering shocking secrets from the Hex Boys' past, hiding her Divinicus Nex identity, lying to her pretend-wish-he-were-real boyfriend, dodging demons, breaking into ancient tombs, taking the unexpected side trip to the dark depths of the Waiting World, tracking a traitor, and passing Physics...Aurora could do that in her sleep. Or more likely, die trying.

DON'T GET CAUGHT!



Soooo after a very very long wait I finally got to read the second installment in the amazing series of A&E Kirk! I really love books with a strong main character, who's not a whiny character. This book has it all, the action, the humor, the romance, the hilarious and great dialogues. I really find these books amazing! Luckily the book is pretty long, not nearly long enough hihi, but it read away quickly. I think I finished the book in 2 days. The Hex boys are as always very lovely, I really don't know which one I like the most, they are quite something. They are really cool and funny.. and did I mention sexy?


I think what makes the book so special is that it's not always about the love in the book, there is alot of action and the story develops great! I just want to know more and more about the world, the stories, the people and yeah sure the love development. The book wasn't all what I was expecting, it was even better. I really didn't think it good be better after the first one, but really the story is just great. All I can say now is that you just have to read it!

Geen opmerkingen: